Monday, May 2, 2016

Art with Fabric Blog Hop

I'm sew excited about participating in the Art with Fabric Blog Hop hosted by Alida at  Tweety Loves Quilting. She has a week long line-up in place beginning Monday, May 9th.


Participants were asked to create textile artwork inspired by a piece of art...painting, sculpture, drawing, etc. I was hesitant at first because 1) I had to come out of my comfort zone and design something different; 2) I'm not an artist; 3) I no nothing about fine art.

After a few days of thinking about it and viewing artwork on the internet I found an artist who's works really spoke to me. Creative ideas immediately started flowing through my head and I decided to participate in the hop. I'm so glad I did because I've had such fun creating my project! And you know,  it's not all that different than what I really like to do and it allowed me to come out of my comfort zone during the creative process.

Visit Tweety Loves Quilting next Monday, May 9th to start the hop and I'm sure you'll be inspired too. My day to present is May 10th. Come back to see my textile artwork and who the artist was that inspired me.

Here is a preview of my artwork:



Hope you come back next Tuesday, May 10th to view the completed piece.

Quilt On!
Live On!

2 comments:

  1. Looking forward to seeing your art with fabric project and the others that's participating!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments are always welcome. I enjoy reading what you have going on in your world. Comments will be posted after moderation.